Wednesday 9 November 2011

Prayer of Saint Germanus to the Blessed Virgin Mary

O my only and sovereign Lady, who art the sole consolation that I receive from God, thou who art the only celestial dew that gives me refreshment in my pains, thou who art the light of my soul when it is surrounded with darkness, thou who art my guide in journeyings, my strength in weakness, my treasure in poverty, the balm of my wounds, my consolation in sorrow, thou who art my refuge in miseries and the hope of my salvation; listen to my prayers, have pity on me as it becomes the Mother of a God who has such love for men.  O thou who art our defence and joy, grant me all that I ask; make me worthy to enjoy with thee that great happiness which thou enjoyest in heaven.  Yes, my Lady, my refuge, my life, my help, my defence, my strength, my joy, my hope, grant that I may one day be with thee in heaven.  I know that, being the Mother of God, thou canst, if thou wilt, obtain it for me.  O Mary, thou art omnipotent to save sinners, nor needest thou any other recommendation; for thou art the Mother of true life.  Amen.

(photo of Our Lady`s altar in Saint Patrick`s Basilica, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment